Introducing the Enriched Backlinks Report with Spam Score Metric
We’re thrilled to announce that our backlinks summary report has been enhanced with a powerful new feature: the Spam Score metric. With this latest addition, our our system can now evaluate the “spamminess” of each returned backlink or group of backlinks, providing you with valuable insights into the quality and credibility of your link profile.
Understanding Spam Score
Spam Score is a proprietary metric designed to indicate the spam level of a page, group of pages, or an entire domain. It ranges from 0% to 100% and provides valuable insights into the spamminess of the content.
To interpret the Spam Score effectively, it’s essential to understand its value ranges:
- A score of 0%-30% is considered a low Spam Score.
- A score of 31%-60% is categorized as a medium Spam Score.
- A score of 61%-100% indicates a high Spam Score.
Calculating Spam Score for Pages
The Spam Score calculation takes into account various signals and factors, resulting in a comprehensive assessment of a page’s spamminess. Here are the signals considered and their corresponding impact on the overall score:
- Domain name length (including TLD) is less than 3, equal to 3, or greater than 20 characters: +10%
- Main domain contains more than or equal to 2 numeric characters: +15%
- Subdomain contains more than or equal to 2 numeric characters: +20%
- Domain contains one of the TLDs associated with spammy websites (e.g., .surf, .cn, .biz): +20%
- Page doesn’t contain link or script tags from trustworthy sources (Google, Bing, Facebook, Twitter) inside the head element: +20%
- Page contains link or script tags from trustworthy sources (Google, Bing, Facebook, Twitter) inside the head element: -(number of sources * 5)
- Page contains social meta tags: -15%
- Page contains contact info: -20%
- Page utilizes non-local rel canonical tag: +20%
- Website uses the insecure HTTP protocol instead of HTTPS: +30%
- Page doesn’t have a title tag or its title tag is less than 30 or greater than 65 characters: +5%
- Page has a title tag and its title tag is greater than 30 or less than 65 characters: -5%
- Page doesn’t have a description tag or its description tag is less than 40 or greater than 200 characters: +5%
- Page has a description tag and its description tag is greater than 40 or less than 200 characters: -5%
- Page has more than 10 keywords in the meta keywords tag: +15%
- Page has more than 100 external links: +20%
- Page has more than 500 internal links: +15%
- Ratio of external links to internal links is greater than 3: +15%
By considering these signals, we can effectively calculates the Spam Score for each page, offering you valuable insights into their spamminess.
Calculating Spam Score for Domains
When evaluating the spam level for a group of pages or an entire domain, we follow a straightforward approach. The system calculates the Spam Score for each individual page and then finds the average. For example, if a domain has five pages with Spam Scores of 30%, 45%, 20%, 10%, and 70%, the overall Spam Score for the domain will be calculated as follows:
(30 + 45 + 20 + 10 + 70) / 5 = 35%
This method allows you to gain a comprehensive understanding of the spamminess associated with a domain or a set of pages.
Enhancing Your SEO Strategy with Spam Score
The introduction of the Spam Score metric empowers you to make more informed decisions when it comes to your SEO strategy. By evaluating the spamminess of backlinks, you can identify potential risks, disavow harmful links, and prioritize high-quality sources for your link building efforts. Ultimately, this helps improve the overall credibility of your website and enhances its organic search performance.
At seogeek.io, we are committed to providing you with cutting-edge SEO tools and data-driven insights. The enriched Backlinks summary with the Spam Score metric is a testament to our dedication to delivering valuable solutions that drive your success in the digital landscape.
Try out the enhanced Backlinks summary today and leverage the power of Spam Score to optimize your backlink profile, enhance your SEO efforts, and elevate your online visibility.