How to use FaceBook to Market Your Business
Facebook Social Media Marketing
Looking to start your social media marketing campaign? The best place to start is Facebook as it is one of the most popular sites online.
What Is Facebook?
Facebook is the largest social media site with over two billion monthly active users.
In 2018 Facebook reported they have 1.52 billion daily active users (DAUs) on average for December 2018, which represents an increase of 9% year-over-year.
Despite negative press and data scandals, Facebook enjoys great popularity and a large user base: around seven-in-ten Americans (69%) use Facebook.
Around three-quarters (74%) of users use Facebook on a daily basis. This statistics is quite outstanding, as for instance only 63% use Instagram on a daily basis and Snapchat only has 61% daily returning visitors.
Facebook is female: Currently 3/4 of women in America use the service. This compares to 63% of male Facebook users.
Facebook is a major news source: 43% of US adults say that they get their news predominantly from Facebook.
Facebook is truly mobile-first: 96% of users are accessing the platform through a mobile device.
Why Use Facebook For Your Business?
There are several reasons why you should be investing in Facebook marketing.:
First, Facebook allows you to build a following of prospects, customers, and fans so that you can stay connected to them. You can update followers with updates about your business, start a conversation with them, and send them the latest promotions. It’s a great channel for building and maintaining a relationship with your target audience.
Second, Facebook also allows you to generate leads and sales for your business which should be the focal point of your digital marketing. You can link back to your website on your email subscription and sales pages. Their advertising program is also great if you want to reach your core audience affordably.
Finally, Facebook is essential to building your brand. The whole point of social media is to engage users so that they share your content and promotions to their network. Consumers also go on Facebook to find businesses and interact with their favorite brands. That’s why it’s a smart idea to build community pages and Facebook groups.
How to Use Facebook – The Basics
To get started with your Facebook marketing, you want to set up a Facebook business page by clicking here and clicking on the “Create a Page” button. You then want to fill out the details of your account such as your business name, location, and phone number. This should be followed by uploading a cover photo, adding a profile photo, describing your page, and filling out your about page.
Once all of this is done, you can set your call to action button on the top right and create your first post. To get some followers, you will want to announce your Facebook page on your website, blog, email list, and other social media sites you may be on. From there, you want to share quality content, engage your followers, and send out promotions.
Pros and Cons of Facebook
There are both pros and cons of using Facebook in your digital marketing strategy. Let’s start with the pros.
- A Facebook business page will give you many options as a business such as allowing people to book appointments with you, giving users the ability to contact you via their instant messaging app, offering the ability to integrate an eCommerce store on your page, and more.
- Facebook’s advertising program is one of the best online platforms due to its advanced audience targeting options and behavioral targeting algorithms.
- Facebook is a great channel for enhancing your digital marketing campaigns. For example, using your website, email newsletter, and Facebook together will be more effective than relying on just one channel.
- You can build a strong community on your Facebook page. You can set up a page where followers can post their own content and even create private groups.
- It can be difficult to really grow your Facebook following and get the right kind of engagement without spending money on advertising.
- Facebook isn’t ideal for all kinds of business models. For example, it’s harder for B2B companies to reach their target audience.
- It can take several months to build a sizable following on Facebook if you’re starting from scratch.
- Managing your Facebook business page and creating content for your followers can be time-consuming.
Tools that Can Help You Build Followers and Promote Your Facebook Page
- Drumup is a tool that helps you curate content, use workflows to publish content and get suggestions on how to target a bigger audience.
- Hootsuite is an essential tool for social media marketing as it allows you to schedule your posts.
- Heyo is a solution that can help you generate more leads through contests, sweepstakes, hashtag campaigns, and more.
Here are Some Helpful Guides to Getting Started with Facebook